There has been a lot of talk during the past week about creating New Year’s resolutions. It seems to be all the rage on television and even with my humans, well at least with my mum.
Her resolutions are as follows:
- Get in better physical shape – she’s even thinking about joining a gym.
- Learn how to use her new SLR camera – already signed up for classes.
- Take pictures of me every day – you may have noticed there are no pictures on today’s blog post. Better luck tomorrow mum.
Well, I’ve decided that maybe I should make some resolutions as well.But first I had to check out the computer to figure out what a resolution is. The Wiki says “A New Year resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a personal goal, project, or the reforming of a habit. This lifestyle change is generally interpreted as advantageous. A New Years Resolution is generally a goal someone sets out to accomplish in the coming year.” It also says that only 12% of those who make resolutions achieve their goals. This doesn’t sound overly positive to me. The Wiki goes on to say “Women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public and got support from their friends.”
Here are my resolutions for 2011:
- Blog on a regular basis, whether I dictate it to mum or get Shinobi to hijack it when mum is feeling too lazy.
- Attend as many Pug Parties as Pugly possible.
- Continue to be a good role model to every foster dog that comes to live with us.
- Convince mum that I should be allowed to potty in the house, any time I want. Down with the Pug Free Zone!
Now that my resolutions have been made public, the next part to increase achievement is to gain the support from you, my friends. I’ll keep you up to date on my progresses. The ball is in your court.