So, Timmy has been with us for almost two months, and available for adoption for about three weeks. Honestly I figured the rescue would be buried in applications to adopt him the second his profile hit the web site. And yet, he is still here, waiting for his forever home.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a real joy to have the pup around, I’m just surprised he’s still with us. Mum says Timmy is quite nearly perfect. Well, I wouldn’t go that far, but he is pretty darn sweet.
I guess it’s up to me to do something about this. First let me list some of Timmy’s best features:
- He’s cute as a button.
- He loves to cuddle – all the time.
- At 14.6lbs, he’s only .2 lbs heavier than me and just about the perfect weight for a Lap-Magnet.
- He is very smart. I have been able to teach him the art of being a Lap-Magnet, how to help me chase the cat, to eat only from his bowl, to stay off my pillow when it’s bedtime and all sorts of other good Pug tricks.
- He makes the cutest little snorty noises. Mum says they will go away when he gets the operation on his nose that will widen up his very tight little nostrils.
- He is so brave. I don’t think he’s afraid of anything.
- He hates his kennel. As a result of this, mum has started letting both of us loose all day long.
- He plays a good game of fetch, but he’s not obsessive about it.
And to be fair, I do have to mention some of his not so perfect traits:
- He doesn’t snore like a real Pug should.
- He may be too cute. There have been occasions where humans have actually ignored me to coo over him.
- He does make doe-eyes over my food bowl sometimes. That’s just not right.
- The cat likes to play with him more than me.
So, it you were thinking of adopting the sweetest, most cuddly little pup, now the time to act. I do have some conditions:
- You must promise to love him for the rest of your life.
- You must allow him to further his budding career as a Lap-Magnet.
- And lastly, I want to see him at the Pug parties so we can visit and play. He is my best bud and I’ll miss him if I can’t visit every now and then.